Accounts Payable Specialist
Apply by April 30, 2023
Location: Jersey City, NJ (hybrid/WFH available post training period)
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. The company is comprised of three key business segments: an investment firm, innovation center and operating group. The investment firm invests in venture, growth equity, buyout and catalytic private credit strategies on behalf of global institutions, corporations and family offices. The innovation center, the Center for the Circular Economy, unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity.
The operating group, Circular Services, has twelve recycling facilities in operation today, and provides holistic, circular materials management to close the loop on valuable materials for municipalities and businesses throughout the United States. Employing innovative technology within reuse, recycling, remanufacturing and re-commerce solutions, Circular Services improves regional economic and environmental outcomes by building resilient systems to keep food & organics, textiles, electronics, packaging and more, in circulation and out of landfills or the natural environment.
Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City and is a registered B Corp. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
Circular Services is seeking an experienced, full-time Accounts Payable Specialist for our dynamic, fast growing organization. The AP Specialist will have primary day-to-day responsibility for matching, verifying, data entry, processing, payment, reporting, reconciling, and filing of the company’s business transactions as they pertain to operating and SGA expenses. The position will also help execute our long-term vision to be the nation’s leading recycler. To excel at this job, you will need to be passionate about our Company’s mission, a strong communicator, and comfortable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. This position will work directly with the Controller and the senior management team.
More specific attributes of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Match vendor’s invoices to requisitions/purchase orders and receiving reports; submit voucher package for proper approvals for vendor payment
- Verify accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm correct general ledger and cost center accounts are used
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts to vendor statements
- Verify and maintain vendor list ensuring information is up to date and all required documents are received from vendor
- Preparing and mailing of checks for payment on a weekly or on a as needed basis
- Responsible for issuing yearly 1099’s, assisting with any annual audit requests, and identifying any discount opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience as an accounts payable specialist, or related
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks beyond general accounting
- Knowledge of MS Excel and workable knowledge of other office suite products
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict reporting deadline in a 5-day close period
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics BC (Business Central) a huge plus
- Excellent collaboration and communication ability
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 (commensurate with experience)