Associate, Investor Relations
Apply by May 7, 2021
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
This team member of the firmwide Strategic Partnerships & Investor Relations team will report to the firm’s head of Capital Partnerships & Investor Relations, and work closely with the head of Strategic Partnerships, CFO, Controller, Director of Impact Due Diligence, Communications, Legal, and Compliance around investor communications, reporting, and fund administration across the fund groups of Closed Loop Partners. Responsibilities will include working closely with colleagues responsible for business development, as well as the funds’ investment teams, impact due diligence, compliance, legal and fund finance teams to maintain and strategically advance our policies and procedures across the firm and to collect, interpret, and report on information about CLP investment strategies for investors, auditors, and other stakeholders.
The position presents the opportunity for a professional with financial services or legal experience, excellent professional communication skills and exceptional attention to detail to work in a fast-paced environment within a rapidly growing company. Notably, opportunity for promotion and career growth and chance to contribute to Closed Loop Partners’ vision to build a new economic model focused on a profitable and sustainable future that aligns the interests of shareholders, customers, local communities and the environment we all share.
- Collaborate daily with senior management and firmwide team around capital activity events reporting, and client service and fund administration across all of the firm’s investment strategies (includes 6 active funds and pipeline of new strategies and co-investments)
- Client service support for existing investors, working closely with the business development team and the firm’s fund finance team, and Fund Administrator
- Support the business development team in investor relationship management and maintaining new investor pipeline
- Participate in operational due diligence and subscription process with all prospective investors across Corporations, Institutions, Family Offices and Foundations
- Lead investor onboarding (KYC and investor communications), working closely with firm’s Fund Administrator
- Collaborate with the firm’s Controller and Head of Investor Relations on quarterly and annual reporting as well as year-end audit
- Contribute to the team’s execution of its Impact Management System, working closely with the Head of Impact Due Diligence and investment teams regarding integration, monitoring, managing, reporting, and evidencing (impact verification process)
- Project based research providing market color and strategic support to the firm’s management team
- Minimum 4 years experience in financial services (esp. alternative asset management business or investment banking) or law (private equity/funds group)
- Experience with limited partnerships and working with investors around know-your-client requirements, subscription agreements, and quarterly/annual reporting needs
- Experience with impact measurement and management, or a degree in sustainability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding relationship management and customer service skills; ability to work with large corporate investors, financial institutions, allocators and family offices
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment
- Highest standard of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Genuine interest in sustainable finance and the circular economy
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.