Program Manager | Center for the Circular Economy
Apply by January 31, 2023
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
In 2018, CLP launched the Center for the Circular Economy, a New York City-based hub for collaboration, R&D, investment and innovation to advance the transition from a linear take-make-waste economy to a circular economy in which materials are shared, re-used, and continuously cycled.
The Center for the Circular Economy seeks a highly-organized, New York City-based Program Manager to support initiatives dedicated to advancing circular supply chains. Projects and initiatives include pre-competitive collaborations with brand partners, focusing on packaging, circular business models, and emerging technologies.
To apply, please submit your resume, work sample and cover letter below. Due to the volume of applications only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact Closed Loop Partners staff to request information or a pre-application meeting, or to follow up on your submitted application.
This is a one-year position (with potential to extend) based in our New York City office.
Program Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Project manage high-profile innovation programs across the consumer-packaging industry touching upon every stage of the value chain, including design, manufacture, retail, recovery, and reuse.
- Serve as liaison with partners including clients, consultants, and vendors.
- Draft multi-year project timelines and manage and prioritize tasks to ensure deliverables are executed on-time, at the highest quality, and within budget.
- Liaise with Senior Leadership teams on a regular basis to highlight project risks along with mitigation and contingency plans.
- Create project communications plans, presentations, and agendas; lead project team and leadership updates.
- Communicate with vendors and consultants to ensure timely and accurate issuing of contracts, invoices, and payments.
- Organize knowledge, analyze data, synthesize, and present insights from test-and-learn initiatives.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience within the relevant fields of circular economy, sustainability, consumer goods, retail, packaging, supply chain, recycling, Corporate Social Responsibility, management consulting, or related sectors
- Experience in innovation management, vendor management, and/or consumer insights is a plus.
- Experience working with senior level clients on high-profile projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn new subject matter areas quickly across a broad portfolio
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to draft concise and elegant internal and external facing presentations through appropriate mediums
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to evaluate complex, often ambiguous, multi-stakeholder challenges
- Passion for sustainability and the circular economy
- A dynamic, enthusiastic professional who can take both initiative and direction
- A mission-driven team player who enjoys collaboration
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Due to the volume of applications only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact Closed Loop Partners staff to request information or a pre-application meeting, or to follow up on your submitted application.