Program Manager, Center for the Circular Economy
Apply by November 7, 2021
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
In 2018, CLP launched the Center for the Circular Economy, a New York City-based hub for collaboration, R&D, investment and innovation to advance the transition from a linear take-make-waste economy to a circular economy in which materials are shared, re-used, and continuously cycled.
The Center for the Circular Economy seeks a highly-organized, New York City-based Program Manager to lead initiatives dedicated to advancing circular supply chains. Projects and initiatives include pre-competitive collaborations with brand partners, focusing on packaging, circular business models, and emerging technologies, and deploying tools including accelerators, matchmaking, and joint investment vehicles.
To apply, please submit your resume, work sample and cover letter below. Due to the volume of applications only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact Closed Loop Partners staff to request information or a pre-application meeting, or to follow up on your submitted application.
This position is full-time in our New York City office.
Program Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Project manage high-profile and complex initiatives within diverse industry sectors touching upon every stage of the value chain, including design, manufacture, recovery, and commodification.
- Serve as liaison with partners including clients, consultants, and industry stakeholders.
- Draft multi-year initiative timelines and budgets and manage daily deadlines and tasks to ensure deliverables are executed on-time, at the highest quality, and within budget.
- Manage and prioritize tasks and stakeholders across multiple projects and timelines.
- Create project communications plans, presentations, and agendas; lead stakeholder updates.
- Plan and execute stakeholder workshops, roundtables and events.
- Communicate with vendors and consultants to ensure timely and accurate issuing of contracts, invoices, and payments.
- Identify in-house and outsourced resource needs for diverse project types requiring advanced expertise in packaging, supply chain, and recycling.
- Represent the Center and Closed Loop Partners at industry speaking engagements and workshops.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- 5+ years post-college experience within the relevant fields of circular economy, sustainability, retail, packaging, supply chain, recycling, Corporate Social Responsibility, management consulting, or related sectors
- Experience working with senior level clients on high-profile projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn new subject matter areas quickly across a broad portfolio
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to draft concise and elegant internal and external facing presentations through appropriate mediums
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to evaluate complex, often ambiguous, multi-stakeholder challenges
- Experience in budget management across projects and scopes
- Passion for sustainability and the circular economy
- A dynamic, enthusiastic professional who can take both initiative and direction
- A mission-driven team player who enjoys collaboration
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.