Apply by October 20, 2023
Location: New York, NY
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. Our company is comprised of three key business segments: an investment firm, innovation center and operating company. The investment firm, Closed Loop Capital Management, manages over $550M of assets across venture, buyout private equity, and catalytic private credit funds on behalf of global institutions, corporations and family offices. The innovation center, the Center for the Circular Economy, unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity. The operating company, Circular Services, is the largest privately held recycling company in North America, with a focus on sustainable management of paper, metal, glass, plastic organics, textiles and electronics.
Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City, is a registered B Corp, and a registered investment advisor with the SEC. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
Closed Loop Partners’ Executive Vice President (EVP) of Finance works closely with the firm’s CEO and management team and is accountable for overseeing financial operations of the management company, the Center for the Circular Economy, and the Capital Management business inclusive of fund-level accounting and capital optimization. The EVP of Finance will supervise and collaborate with the firm’s Controller, Director of Fund Finance, as well as both internal and third-party FP&A, Accounting, Fund Administration, Tax, and Audit partners.
Closed Loop Partners’ EVP of Finance will participate in the firm’s vision to build a new economic model focused on a profitable and sustainable future that aligns the interests of shareholders, customers, local communities and the environment.
- Strategic financial direction and capital management for the firm, including asset and liability management, liquidity management, and forecasting
- Leadership of day-to-day financial and accounting functions across the firm, including eight investment funds to date, the Center for the Circular Economy, and the parent company; including but not limited to, month/year-end close, accounts receivable & payable, financial reports, payroll, invoicing, cash receipts and disbursements
- Oversee the completion of timely financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP (including monthly, quarterly and annual reports) and reports on transactions and/or information requests from lenders and investors
- Oversee accounting system, approve monthly cash and position reconciliations performed by the fund administrator
- Manage annual audits and financial regulator relationships (US and non-US)
- Maintain strong financial and operational reporting procedures across the firm
- Optimize and manage banking relationships (Treasury, Borrowing, Risk)
- Participate in meetings of the Valuation, Conflicts and Operations Committees
- Assist team with fundraising diligence and participate in related meetings with third parties
- Oversee the firm’s Controller, Director of Fund Finance and manage/mentor small team of finance professionals
- Minimum 15 years of Finance, Accounting, and/or related experience
- Minimum 5 years experience leading Fund Finance; must have SEC-registered private fund management experience, preferably buyout private equity or private credit
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven leadership skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as proven talent management and development strengths
- Highest standard of personal and professional ethics and integrity
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Salary: $250-325k salary, 20-30% discretionary bonus Commensurate with experience; bonus based on individual, group, and firm-wide financial and impact performance