For Days Chief Operating Officer (Portfolio Company)
September 30, 2021
For Days is a Closed Loop Partners portfolio company.
For Days is on a mission to transform commerce into a circular economy by offering insanely great organic clothing in a zero-waste system available to everyone.
For Days is a leading innovator in fashion sustainability and is poised for rapid growth. For Days has been named one of Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas and also received their Innovation by Design award. The company has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Glossy, and Forbes.
For Days is seeking a Chief Operating Officer who is invigorated by the opportunity to build the first entirely closed loop system for fashion. This position reports directly to the CEO and will be responsible for everything related to inventory planning and tracking, manufacturing, outbound logistics, reverse logistics, recycling strategy and partners, resale execution, traceability, and reporting. This person should be highly skilled in supply chain and deeply passionate about embedding technology and sophisticated processes to drive efficiency and competitive advantage.
The For Days work environment is results-oriented, thoughtful, and efficient. Our team has created a culture of kindness, partnership, and shared passion for bringing foundational change to a massively pollutive industry.
- You are genuinely enthusiastic about our brand and our mission
- You work in service to the customer and think deeply how best to satisfy them
- You are an efficiency master
- You build spaces, processes and teams with ease
- You are at the forefront of technology, data, infrastructure and sustainability.
What You Will Do:
- Expand outbound and reverse logistics infrastructure via new warehousing spaces strategically placed for geographic efficiency
- Build internal processes and physical locations that optimize sorting and grading to maximize revenue and sustainability outcome
- Manage transportation vendors and relationships with the goal to reduce shipping times and costs
- Identify, establish relationships with, and consistently audit recycling partners
- Build supply chain redundancy while lowering costs, increasing lead times and ensuring sustainability and ethical standards are met.
- Hire and manage team internally and across all locations
- Define and execute traceability standards, reporting and monitoring.
- Spearhead sustainability certifications
What You Bring to For Days:
- 10+ years of operational experience
- Demonstrated track record of building new systems, processes and physical infrastructure
- The ability to work effectively and respectfully in a high-paced start up environment
- A bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university
About For Days
For Days was born from a vision for a better future. One where we can have everything without creating waste.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Create and execute upon an infrastructure roadmap for growth and scale. This includes identifying technical, financial, and human resources necessary for success.
- Optimize current infrastructure for efficiency through reorganization or creation of systems and processes.
- Manage goals and KPI’s of operational systems, acting quickly and adjusting rapidly to learnings.
What You Bring To For Days:
- You are a systems thinker with a passion for efficiency.
- You have experience with the distribution of physical goods. E-Commerce and fashion retail experience is a big plus
- You have knowledge of some current operational technology systems and an affinity for researching and identifying technology systems for our future
- You are incredibly organized with high attention to detail.
- You have a natural inclination to collaborate with stakeholders to achieve overall company goals.
- You have a kind, confident, generative, and direct leadership style
About For Days
We have a vision of a life with less stuff—of life filled with living—not junk.
The For Days team has a rich background in fashion and heralds from The Gap, Banana Republic, Band of Outsiders, Maiyet and American Apparel. We believe in the power of diversity, community, and collaboration. For Days is female founded and loves talent of all shapes, sizes, color, religions and backgrounds.
We have strict wage minimums, generous benefits and personal leave policies, and aim to provide safe, rewarding and empowering work environments for all who interact with For Days.
Contact [email protected] to apply.