General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
Apply by November 15, 2022
Location: New York City
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center and commercialization group focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
Our investors include the world’s largest retailers, consumer goods, technology and material science companies as well financial institutions, family offices and foundations.
As a member of the leadership team, Closed Loop Partners’ GC & CCO will oversee all legal and external matters including, but not limited to: litigation, investigations, contracts, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, fund formation, as well as industry/business related matters for an innovation center, commercialization group and an asset management business. The General Counsel will also oversee company activities encompassing legislative, regulatory, administrative and policy matters. The General Counsel & CCO will be responsible for planning, executing, and managing regulatory audits and its related entities. This position partners with cross-functional groups in the implementation of process improvements that deliver value to CLP’s business and ensures effective internal controls.
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates vendor contracts, requests for proposals, and other legal agreements
- Anticipates and mitigates potential legal matters and conflicts within the organization and develops strategies to avoid litigation, identify and reduce potential areas of risk
- Provides legal counsel to Management
- Day to day management and optimization of external legal, compliance and regulatory relationships
- Responsible for the selection and management of legal and compliance vendor relationships
- Performs consulting and advisory services related to risk management, systems and controls and best practices for the Firm, as appropriate
- Reviews and audits regulatory processes and procedures to ensure compliance with policies are maintained across all verticals
- Ensures compliance with laws, regulations and standards across all of CLPs businesses
- Evaluates internal systems and controls established to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, standards, and regulations that impact the company
- Compliance subject matter expert, providing guidance and training to all team members, oversees monitoring for compliance violations
- Evaluates other matters at the request of the CEO, CFO, or senior management, as appropriate
- Performs special projects as assigned by CEO and CFO
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience
- Current legal licenses for the State of New York in good standing
- In-depth knowledge of SEC regulations for alternative asset management
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Experience in fund structuring; global experience ideal
- Experience with corporate contracts, including but not limited to consultants, MOUs, Partnership Agreements, NDAs, and other
- Strong business acumen and judgment; current knowledge of the Firm’s markets/products, operations and industry trends
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to lead diverse teams including the management of external service providers
- Ability to develop relationships, select talent and manage performance
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highest standard of personal and professional ethics and integrity
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Base Salary Range: $300k – $400k (commensurate with experience)