Program Manager, Strategy & Engagement
Apply by November 15, 2022
Location: New York City
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as a commercialization group and an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
In 2018, CLP launched the Center for the Circular Economy, a New York City-based hub for collaboration, R&D, investment and innovation to advance the transition from a linear take-make-waste economy to a circular economy in which materials are shared, re-used, and continuously cycled.
The Center for the Circular Economy seeks a highly organized, New York City-based Program Manager to support in strategic storytelling, engagement, special projects and initiatives focused on circularity, reuse, consumer behavior, and policy, among other areas, and across different sectors, from packaging to textiles and electronics.
To apply, please submit your resume, work sample and cover letter below. Due to the volume of applications only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact Closed Loop Partners staff to request information or a pre-application meeting, or to follow up on your submitted application.
This is a one-year position (with potential to extend) based in our New York City office.
Program Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Organize knowledge, analyze data and learnings, synthesize, and present insights from across key priority areas of reuse, consumer behavior and policy in the circular economy
- Create content that synthesizes insights from the Center’s projects for diverse stakeholder groups, including but not limited to corporate clients and the public, for strategic storytelling
- Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting project timelines
- Managing and prioritizing tasks to ensure research is executed on time, at the highest quality, and within budget
- Designing and executing research approach for both qualitative and quantitative research
- Analyzing data and synthesizing findings across both quantitative and qualitative research
- Liaising virtually and on-site with consultants and/or vendors to conduct in-market observations, complete research and socialize findings
- Developing communications materials (e.g., key findings summaries, articles, reports) to share insights and analysis
- Presenting to external audiences
- Support senior leadership with stakeholder engagement related responsibilities
- Help develop high-quality presentation materials, including decks, proposals and marketing materials
- Help manage, maintain and optimize CRM systems
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience within the relevant fields of circular economy, sustainability, consumer insights, reuse, management consulting, or related sectors
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to learn new subject matter areas quickly across a broad portfolio
- Strong writing and editing skills and ability to draft concise and elegant internal and external-facing presentations
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to evaluate complex, often ambiguous, challenges
- Passion for sustainability and the circular economy
- An ambitious self-starter who is a dynamic, enthusiastic professional who can take both initiative and direction
- A mission-driven team player who enjoys collaboration
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Due to the volume of applications only qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact Closed Loop Partners staff to request information or a pre-application meeting, or to follow up on your submitted application.
Base Salary Range: $100k- $130k (commensurate with experience)