Apply by July 31, 2020
The Center seeks a Project Associate to contribute to diverse projects that identify innovative solutions at the intersection of design, finance, and infrastructure.
The Center for the Circular Economy is a New York City-based innovation center that leads collaborations between brands, investors, NGOs, and industry leaders to identify, test, and scale solutions that solve material challenges and advance the circular economy. The Center seeks a Project Associate to contribute to a diverse range of high-profile projects that are on the leading edge of actualizing the circular economy.
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an impact investment firm that invests in sustainable consumer goods, recycling, and the development of the circular economy. Investors include many of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and institutional investors interested in investments that provide strong financial returns and tangible social impact.
Support the Center for the Circular Economy team in all aspects of project delivery and management including coordination with project partners, logistics management, research, synthesis, and development of supporting materials for relevant meetings or deliverables.
- Conduct, synthesize and present on individual research projects on topics such as advanced plastics recycling, new product and packaging material innovations, and business model and delivery trends.
- Coordinate logistical needs among project partners and relevant stakeholders for meetings, workshops, and other events
- Support preparation, execution, and follow-up of stakeholder interviews, meetings, and workshops
- Manage a small online community platform to support high-profile technology companies and project partners
- Design and implement project management processes to drive operational scale and efficiency
- Participate in special projects as needed
The ideal candidate will be a self-driven individual with the ability to scope, design, and deliver high profile deliverables including communications, research projects, and presentations. They should have demonstrated interest in advancing the circular economy in collaboration with high-profile brands and organizations.
- Recent graduate with relevant internship or work experience (undergraduate or graduate)
- Previous experience and comfort in slide and deck development
- Ability and interest in conducting and synthesizing extensive research projects
- Comfortable working and communicating in high profile situations
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Self-driven individual with the ability to scope out and execute upon work in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability and the circular economy
- A dynamic, enthusiastic individual who can take both initiative and direction
- A team player who enjoys collaboration
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
Apply for this position by filling out the form below.