Senior Associate, Growth Equity
Apply by July 12, 2022
Location: New York City
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
Senior Associate level investment professional within the growth equity group of Closed Loop Partners asset management business. This role will support origination, diligence, execution, portfolio management, and exit support. This professional will support the senior investment team.
- Sourcing and pipeline management, identifying investment opportunities and creating an investment deal flow pipeline
- Validate the business opportunity, establish an investment case, and support senior investment team in structuring and negotiating terms for potential investments
- Support and deal process, including diligence, financial and impact underwriting, and execution
- Work with portfolio companies, including attending board meetings and monitoring performance to ensure returns and strategic objectives are achieved
- Develop investment theses around specific sectors
- Support LP reporting and general fund management processes
- Support, engage and maintain industry network and peer investment firms
- 3+ years relevant experience including significant venture capital, growth equity, investment banking experience, consulting
- Proven interest in sustainability and the circular economy
- Excellent financial and business analysis skills
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; attention to detail is critical
- Industry expertise in relevant sectors including environmental services, built environment, material science, supply chain tech and logistics
- Exceptional judgment, decision making and negotiating skills
- Collaborative, team player, eager to learn and to mentor team members across the firm
- Thrives in entrepreneurial, high-energy environment
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.