VP of Accounting – South Region
Apply by April 30, 2023
Location: Austin, TX
Closed Loop Partners is at the forefront of building the circular economy. The company is comprised of three key business segments: an investment firm, innovation center and operating group. The investment firm invests in venture, growth equity, buyout and catalytic private credit strategies on behalf of global institutions, corporations and family offices. The innovation center, the Center for the Circular Economy, unites competitors and partners to tackle complex material challenges and implement systemic change to advance circularity.
The operating group, Circular Services, has twelve recycling facilities in operation today, and provides holistic, circular materials management to close the loop on valuable materials for municipalities and businesses throughout the United States. Employing innovative technology within reuse, recycling, remanufacturing and re-commerce solutions, Circular Services improves regional economic and environmental outcomes by building resilient systems to keep food & organics, textiles, electronics, packaging and more, in circulation and out of landfills or the natural environment.
Closed Loop Partners is based in New York City and is a registered B Corp. For more information, please visit www.closedlooppartners.com.
Circular Services is seeking an experienced, full-time VP of Accounting for our dynamic, fast growing organization. The VP of Accounting will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing all financial-related activities of the Company’s materials recycling facility (MRF) business – South Region. The position will also help execute our long-term vision to be the nation’s leading recycler. To excel at this job, you will need to be passionate about our Company’s mission, a strategic thinker, a strong communicator, and comfortable in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. This position will work directly with the CFO and the senior management team.
More specific attributes of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the financial strategy of the Company’s South Region;
- Financial Reporting and Management: Maintain full responsibility for the production and accuracy of the South Region’s financial statements. Manage the accounting team on a daily basis to enhance the quality and timeliness of billing and financial reporting. Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Process flow: Evaluate, understand, and streamline the process flow for billing, accounting, A/R, and A/P. Train staff and incorporate software to improve the systems in place. Ownership of financial accounting and reporting systems, process, and automation strategy.
- Management: Manage, develop, and mentor personnel in accounting, A/R, A/P, and payroll. Ability to lead, coach, and inspire a high-performing team to even greater performance.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist with the South Region’s annual budget process, and support the CFO with multi-year financial planning.
- Cash Flow and Risk Management: Monitor and project the Company’s cash flow to ensure it is appropriate for existing operations and future projects. Perform risk management by analyzing the Company’s liabilities and investments.
- Banking: Manage the Company’s banking relationship and monitor covenant compliance.
- Audit and Compliance: Support the annual audit process. Ensure the Company is up-to-date with regulations and GAAP standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA or Masters in Accounting preferred.
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CA, CMA, or CPA).
- 10+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and accounting software programs, as well as a history of using technology to streamline accounting processes.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and integration of accounting systems.
- Proficient at analyzing information and problem-solving.
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail.
- A positive attitude, a patient demeanor, and a willingness to collaborate with peers to enhance teamwork and performance.
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.
Salary: $175,000 – $200,000 (commensurate with experience)