Winter Ventures Intern
Apply by December 7, 2022
Location: New York City
Closed Loop Partners (CLP) is an investment firm comprised of venture capital, growth equity, private equity and project finance as well as an innovation center focused on building the circular economy. We have built an ecosystem that connects entrepreneurs, industry experts, global consumer goods companies, retailers, financial institutions and municipalities. Our investments align capitalism with positive social and environmental impact by reducing waste and greenhouse gas emissions via materials innovation, advanced recycling technologies, supply chain optimization and landfill diversion.
Closed Loop Ventures is the venture capital fund within Closed Loop Partners, focusing on seed and pre-seed stage investments. The thesis of the fund is supply chain efficiency broadly defined, including materials innovation, transparency and traceability, end of life recovery and revalorization. We look for solutions that marry environmental stewardship with financial best practices and the opportunity to grow into category defining technologies.
- We are looking for a Winter Intern to join the existing Closed Loop Ventures Group as a part-time member of the Ventures team from January to April (exact dates open to discussion).
- The role will be primarily responsible for design, update, and roll-out of a new impact measurement framework.
- The intern will also have the opportunity to participate in deal flow review, ongoing diligence, and knowledge development related to core priority areas of Closed Loop Ventures’ investment theses on circularity.
- Please note that the role will include 2 days / week in person work and so candidates should be in proximity to New York City to apply.
- You have at least 2 years’ professional experience in a for profit or nonprofit setting
- You have experience designing and implementing impact measurement systems that go beyond financial impact metrics to include waste, water, and direct / indirect carbon evaluation criteria
- You have exposure to the existing sustainability reporting systems, including CDP, TCFD, GRI, and others
- You have demonstrated modeling expertise through financial or analytical impact modeling
- You find cross-functional collaboration rewarding and empowering. The success of the team is your success and you have a clear vision for how it contributes to the company’s success
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and team and excel at juggling several tasks at once
- You prioritize professional ethics, integrity, honesty with your colleagues, humility with and accountability for your work, and advocating for doing the right thing for company, people, and planet
- You believe in the circular economy as a new economic model that enables the decoupling of economic growth from environmental degradation
Closed Loop Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.
You must have US Work Authorization in order to be considered for any open Closed Loop Partners position, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Exceptions will be made for medical or religious accommodation.